Saturday, April 10, 2010

NOTES FOR 4.11.2010


(Todays Session Above)

Morning session on a Sunday morning. Nice. Get some music in before I head out for another jam session at Suma. Todays track is getting NASTY! Like, hard techno style...still has my funky end...but its a "guga guga" bass....hard arp bass through this song, with some dubstep sub-bass sounds in breaks. Def my heaviest song yet. Notes for today -

Saturator is great. Ive been really just destroying things into distortion recently, and getting these super fucked up sounds. Especially automating the saturators depth and period. You can almost make a WHITE NOISE sound out of anything, then automate it back in to a regular sound within the track. Today I did that with highhats. Actually just used a noise sound, modulated the lfo at 1/16 to make it sound like HH...but when the big HIT came in, automated the waveshaper to sound like steady white noise, then re-put the lfo back in. Cool sound.

Today I also used a FADE IN bass rather than just a bass starting in. Different idea.

I need to get the funky slap bass sounding right too. Its sitting in the mids too strongly.

I like to do things that can really fuck up a DJ. Like making my lead ins 5/4, or like one extra bar. Making my breakdowns 3 1/2 bars, or 5 bars...something like that. Sorry DJ friends, makes it harder to beatmatch...but makes for a cooler track. Everything is always 4/4 in music...in the future, it wont be that way.

Up until now, I never used the ableton preset made effects racks. I dont know why. There are some rad sounds in there. I need to play around with them a little more.

I need to study explosions a little more. I want some really heavy explosion sounds for this track.

Also, I need to make my HHs sit at at different frequency. I have 4 hh tracks running on this track, and the are conflicting a little. But this track is still in its baby stages anyway.

Oh yea....I MISS PSYTRANCE....hmmmm.....

Thats it! Time to head out to Suma Beach! Yea! Jam session time!

Peace!

FroBot

No comments:

Post a Comment